Website YESS Institute
YESS Institute Middle School Program Manager
About The YESS Institute
At the YESS Institute, we’ve been empowering youth in the Denver Metro Area to achieve their highest potential since 2001. Our mission is to “build inclusive learning communities to support students on their Road to Success.” Every day, we serve over 1200 students in 12 metro area schools with the vision that our students become caring and productive members in their communities. YESS hires and supports staff who work primarily in their assigned schools. We are seeking someone who brings a positive youth development approach to facilitating a YESS classroom in Adams County.
What You’ll Do Inside the Classroom:
- Lead five to six credited YESS classes that serve approximately 100 students each school day
- Build a safe school community that provides a place of belonging and learning for students within the YESS classroom
- Coach YESS peer leaders in acting as role models for other YESS students in the same class
- Integrate educational best practices to effectively facilitate the YESS CASEL research-based social emotional curriculum
- Facilitate weekly academic support classes among peer leaders
- Match and support middle school student leaders as they work with peers who struggle with academics, behavior, and/or attendance
- Develop and preserve open lines of communication with students’ families
What You’ll Do Outside the Classroom:
- Collaborate with building administrators, teachers, and community partners to provide wrap-around support for YESS Institute students
- Work with counselors and administrators to recruit and retain students who meet YESS criteria
- Collect and submit student performance data to YESS supervisor
- Build and maintain support for the YESS Institute within the school community
- Connect, support and learn from YESS program managers at other sites
- Maintain positive culture within the YESS Institute
- Other duties, as assigned
What We’re Looking For:
- Proven experience working within underperforming schools
- Understanding of positive youth development and restorative justice best practices
- Knowledge of effective classroom management techniques that keep students engaged
- Experience in empowering students to support each other
- At least 3 years of experience working with secondary-school youth in a professional setting
What We’re Offering:
This is a full-time, exempt position with full benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance. YESS believes in a healthy work-life balance and offers 24 paid days off over summer break, as well as school holidays and PTO during the school year.
The YESS Institute is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Care, Communication, Connection, Transparency & Empowerment are the Equity Guidelines by which YESS operates at all levels of the agency.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $45,000.00 – $47,000.00 per year
How to Apply: Send a Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com.
Start Date: This position starts on January 3rd, 2022.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org