Website MENTOR Colorado
MENTOR Colorado is the unifying champion of youth mentoring
Location: Remote in Colorado
Compensation: $42,500-45,000/year + benefits package (see below)
Position Type: This is a full-time, exempt position
Reports to: Associate Director
Do you want to impact young people on a large scale by working with mentoring programs to increase their capacity and quality? Interact with a variety of mentoring practitioners and youth development organizations on a state-wide and national level? Work with a small, passionate, compassionate and dynamic team? MENTOR Colorado is searching for a full-time Program Coordinator who will have the opportunity to do all of the above, plus enjoy a very flexible work environment.
MENTOR Colorado works towards a world where every young person is supported and has the opportunity to grow up and be a thriving adult. MENTOR Colorado is committed to supporting all communities of color, not just as allies, but as accomplices, and using our privilege and power to dismantle systems of oppression that have done so much harm for so many years. Candidates from traditionally marginalized communities are especially encouraged to apply.
Organization Overview: MENTOR Colorado was founded in April 2014 by the passion and vision of a number of grassroots organizations implementing formalized mentoring programs. These organizations established the partnership that became MENTOR Colorado to improve their ability to strengthen communities through mentoring. To amplify the impact of mentoring, MENTOR Colorado supports the growth and development of over 80 organizations throughout the state resulting in greater collaboration, higher quality mentoring programs, better use of resources, and more young people matched in quality mentoring relationships. MENTOR Colorado is an affiliate of MENTOR: The National Mentoring Partnership, the unifying champion for expanding quality mentoring relationships in the U.S.
Organizational Values: Relationships, Being of Service, Inclusivity and Equity, Authenticity, Evolving
General Function: The Program and Communications Coordinator will support and engage with mentoring organizations throughout the state, helping to deliver programming and events to build their capacity. Additionally, this position will advocate for youth mentoring through social media and campaigns.
- Assist mentoring agencies in applying for support through the National Mentoring Resource Center
- Help plan and execute the annual Colorado Mentoring Summit
- Stay on top of the latest research, resources, funding opportunities, and trends to disseminate to programs
- Manage and promote the Mentoring Connector, an online, searchable database for mentoring opportunities
- Maintain the mentoring job board on the MENTOR Colorado website
- Create and maintain MENTOR Colorado’s annual Program Calendar
- Build and maintain relationship with MENTOR National’s program team
- Conduct annual survey of mentoring programs and compile data
- Other duties as time allows assigned by the Associate Director
- Produce a monthly newsletter for key stakeholders
- Create regular content for all social media channels (Instagram, FB, Twitter, LinkedIn) and engage with partners via social media
- Manage MENTOR Colorado’s communication database
- Provide input on MENTOR Colorado messaging and communication strategies
- Support the development of an annual report
- Ensure brand compliance in all communication material
Skills and Experience Required:
- 2-3 years related experience in the mentoring and/or youth development field
- Nonprofit experience preferred
- Deep commitment to and experience in conducting programming and communicating with an equity lens; ability to engage with people from many different backgrounds
- Ability to work collaboratively with internal and external staff; strong interpersonal skills
- Technology proficient; familiarity with Zoom, Constant Contact, Salesforce and Microsoft Office preferred
- Ability to track a lot of moving parts, adapt and prioritize in a dynamic work environment
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work as a team member with minimal supervision
- Interest in and commitment to MENTOR Colorado’s mission
- Experience with marketing and design preferred
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary range: $42,500-45,000/year
- Health, vision, dental and life insurance
- 401k retirement plan with organizational match
- Unlimited time off
- Initial home office stipend and monthly cell phone stipend
- A very flexible work environment with a tight-knit team who likes to work and have fun
- A work culture where people are trusted, relationships are valued, innovation is encouraged, and authenticity is required
Send a cover letter and resume to Alicia Peterkin at Alicia.email@example.com no later than Sunday, July 10. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis. No phone calls please.
MENTOR Colorado is dedicated to equal employment opportunities in every term, condition, and privilege of employment. MENTOR Colorado prohibits unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, gender or gender expression, or any other characteristic protected by state or local law.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org