Website Big Brothers Big Sisters of Colorado
All potential candidates must respond with a resume and a customized cover letter (including salary expectations) for this position to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until filled.
BIG BROTHERS BIG SISTERS OF COLORADO MISSION
The mission is to create and support one-to-one mentoring relationships that ignite the power and promise of youth.
By partnering with youth mentees, parents/guardians, volunteers, local communities, and caring philanthropist we are accountable for each child in our program achieving:
- Higher aspirations, greater confidence, and better relationships
- Avoidance of risky behaviors
- Educational success
ABOUT BIG BROTHERS BIG SISTERS OF COLORADO
Since 1918, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Colorado (BBBSC) has operated under the belief that inherent in every child is incredible potential. As part of the nation’s largest donor- and volunteer-supported mentoring network, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Colorado makes meaningful, monitored matches between adult volunteers (“Bigs”) and children (“Littles”), ages nine through young adulthood in Colorado. We develop positive relationships that have a direct and lasting effect on the lives of young people.
BBBSC serves youth through a portfolio of mentoring programs.
- Community-based is a traditional mentoring program. Mentee/mentor matches determine activities of mutual interest and meet two to four times per month.
- Sports Buddies is an innovative mentoring program started by BBBSC in 2000. Mentee/mentor matches meet one to two times per month for sports-based activities that are planned, scheduled, and overseen by BBBSC staff.
- The 0 program matches youth attending a partner high school one-to-one with an adult mentor starting in high school and through the first year of post-secondary education or training. Matches in mentor2.0 communicate and build their relationship through weekly email exchanges using the research-based “College Ready” curriculum.
As Marketing Coordinator, you will be responsible for designing all the development marketing collateral, managing all social media channels, and supporting event logistics for the Development department. The Marketing Coordinator will need to be a highly effective storyteller and designer who can capture the hearts and minds of potential partners and inspire them to join through investment of financial resources, in-kind donations, and expertise. Similarly, the Marketing Coordinator will be a creative, out-of-the-box thinker. An ability to leverage social networks and to create relationships will be an important skill to success in this position.
- Create and review communications and all collateral for partners and constituents.
- Ensure effective partner recognition and stewardship through a variety of media.
- Maintain and create content for agency website and all social media channels.
- Design all event collateral for agency.
- Oversee all production and distribution of video communications.
- Develop system for cultivating and organizing match stories to promote awareness and support fundraising efforts.
- Support match ambassador and alumni relations programs.
- Coordinate and support event logistics for all fundraising events.
- Writing and editing copy for print/online materials, PR releases and communications.
- Coordinate and design content for monthly newsletters.
- Work with outside vendors to maintain brand standards and ensure projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Passion for Big Brothers Big Sisters of Colorado’s mission.
- 2-3 years working with a Nonprofit organization.
- Marketing and communications degree desired.
- Familiarity with social media and professional networks.
- Able to effectively communicate agency passion for the mission, for the team, and internal and external vision and goals effectively through verbal and written communications.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, ability to execute results and prioritize.
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy.
- Highly organized and efficient, capable of juggling multiple tasks and meeting deadlines within a fast-paced environment.
- Creative. Able to develop and drive idea from conception to goal.
Our goal is to make all aspects of working with us transparent. That includes our offer process. When we have identified talent that is a good fit for BBBSC, we work hard to present an equitable and fair offer. We look at your knowledge, skills, and experience along with your compensation expectations and align that with our company equity processes to determine our offer ranges.
We value and want to support our team members, and are proud to offer a comprehensive compensation package that includes the following:
- Salary range for this position is $48,000-$52,000 dependent on experience.
- Excellent benefits including company paid medical, dental, vision for the employee.
- Many other work-life balance benefits.
COMMITMENT TO JEDI
We are committed to creating and cultivating a safe environment where all individuals feel respected and valued equally. We – BBBSC staff and board – are committed to a nondiscriminatory and anti-racist approach and are committed to dismantling any inequities within our policies, systems, programs and services.
At BBBSC, Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (JEDI) is an integral part of our values and mission. We recognize, affirm, and celebrate the diverse backgrounds, lives, and experiences of all our stakeholders, including youth, families, donors, volunteers, and staff. We ensure the opportunity for all voices and perspectives to be heard and honored. In the workplace, we foster an environment where all people can be their best selves. We affirm that every person [regardless of ability, age, cultural background, ethnicity, faith, gender, gender identity, gender expression, ideology, income, national origin, race or sexual orientation, marital or veteran status] has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We strive to realize the full potential that is within all of us by ensuring that all voices and perspectives are heard and honored.
For more information about Big Brothers Big Sisters of Colorado, visit our website at www.biglittlecolorado.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority-BIPOC/Female/Veteran/Disability (Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.)
No calls or emails from third parties at this time please.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com