Website Denver Kids
Serving Denver Public Schools students who experience the challenges of higher risk environments, the mission of Denver Kids is to empower students to positively shape their lives, successfully complete high school, and pursue post-secondary options.
We rely on the generous donation of time from the community to volunteer as mentors, as well as deep partnerships with community organizations. The Community Engagement Program Manager will oversee organizational partnerships with Denver Kids and recruit and train mentors and provide overall guidance for the mentoring program. This person will supervise and collaborate closely with the Community Partnerships Coordinator.
We are seeking a person to serve as a team-builder and advocate for changes that grow Denver Kids, Inc.’s impact with the support and direction of the Program Director.
Areas of Responsibility
- Develop and continually evaluate procedures regarding volunteer recruitment, dismissal, evaluation, etc.
- Monitor volunteer performance through ongoing dialogue with the Educational SEL Counselor staff
- Maintain appropriate volunteer records to include data entry and management of Salesforce database
- Create collateral materials, presentations, and other tools to support volunteer mentor recruitment efforts
- Serve as primary liaison and support Denver Kids’ involvement with MENTOR Colorado
- Support development team and Community Partnerships Coordinator in securing, engaging and maintaining community partnerships including corporate and long-time donors
- Supervise 1-3 staff members including the Community Partnerships Coordinator
Volunteer Mentor Recruitment
- Create and implement an annual volunteer mentor recruitment plan that will lead to ongoing community engagement and achieve all volunteer mentor goals
- Identify and attend community and networking events to represent the mission of Denver Kids and recruit potential mentors
- Promote the mission of Denver Kids through informational sessions and presentations
- Maintain an updated list of volunteer mentor candidates and their interests in order to pair them with appropriate students
- Collaborate with the Community Partnerships Coordinator in volunteer recruitment and related volunteer events as needed
- Coordinate and oversee a volunteer screening process that includes interviewing and completion of required paperwork (application, background checks, reference checks, hard files, Salesforce records, etc.)
- Coordinate the mentor enrollment and matching sessions
- Regularly update mentor policies and procedures and related documentation around mentor expectations
- Work with Educational SEL Counselors and Program Managers to determine student needs and placement
- Work with program directors around evaluation and retention of our 100+ mentors – using Salesforce database for tracking purposes
- Host mentor appreciation and recruitment events
- Assist with program events and ongoing trainings as needed
- Ensure that mentor training is aligned with the overall strengths based, trauma informed and social, emotional and academic powered approach and executed with fidelity
Other Duties as Assigned
- Non-essential job duties and/or non-related tasks may be assigned from time to time
- Driving to and from schools, events and/or other local entities as necessary
- Occasional before/after regular working hours; occasional weekends hours. Regular working hours are M-F 9:00-5:00
- Occasional transportation for student/family according to need and within DK policies
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 2-5 years of experience managing staff/volunteers, programs and processes and at least 1 year of demonstrated experience in the nonprofit sector
- Experience working with a diverse population and a commitment to education and youth who are challenged by higher risk environments
- Demonstrated ability to develop, advance, and sustain positive relationships
- Interviewing and assessment skills are required. Knowledge of effective practices a plus
- Experience working with youth and knowledge of Positive Youth Development and social/emotional learning
- Experience in facilitation and training adults
- Experience with Salesforce or other database preferred
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Valid Colorado Driver’s License and reliable transportation and ability to pass a background check
- Up to date auto insurance with limits of $100/$300/$100 and $5K in Medical Payments
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. Salary range is $51,000.00-$56,000.00 with competitive benefits and time off package.
Denver Kids offers a comprehensive benefits package including 100% employer paid medical and dental plans; life insurance; options for supplemental insurance; mileage reimbursement; employer paid cell phone; robust time off and office closure package; matching Simple IRA.
How To Apply
Send cover letter expressing interest in Denver Kids and this role as well as a resume showing experience relevant to the position to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org